So here you go, in no particular order:
- Today Noah is hiking up a volcano with two of our volunteers. Yeah, pray for him. Pray for great conversations with these two guys, that they would be safe, and that he wouldn't be too worn out when he gets home...7 hour hikes are intense, man.
- Today our lawyer meets with the Migration people to get the answer to our petition for residency. Pray it will be granted!
- Since moving all three boys to different rooms last week, Quinn has slept so.much.better. Probably should have moved him out of our room 2 months ago. Oh well. We're thankful for more sleep.
- Although, now that we are sleeping more, my body remembers what it's like and now is asking for more and more. I am pretty sure I could sleep 12 hours straight for the next week and a half. Yeah, not going to happen, but a girl can dream, right?
- We need to paint all the bedrooms. When I asked our landlady if she had paint we could use, her son brought primer over. You think that will still work for a finished wall look? I haven't the foggiest...
- After scouring the yard for limóns, and squeezing the ones we found, I look at the juice and realized there were worms swimming in it. Yeah, that went down the drain...sigh.
- Seems as if we are transitioning to rainy season weather.
- I was explaining to my tutor yesterday about the house I grew up in, and he was amazed at the amount of land my parents own, 10 acres. He also said no one here would live on that much land by themselves, it would be too dangerous. And that explains a lot about why people think we are nuts to want to live in the campo (country.)
- Mango Hedgehogs are the boys new favorite way to eat a mango