- After our trip to Clinica Biblica on Monday, we ended up having to see Dr. Longworth again on Tuesday. Elliot woke up with a suspicious rash. Sure enough, it was an allergic reaction to the antibiotic. On the plus side, the benadryl made him sleeping! And he is just peachy now.
- We all were back to school on Wednesday. Which was good for me, becuase I had two tests this week. One in Phonetic and today in Language. I think I did pretty terrible on both.
- In an effort to shop without half of San Jose in the store, I went to Hipermas (think Meijer or Walmart) by myself yesterday afternoon. Much better idea! Almost no one was there, I was able to take some time to investigate some things and everyone was happier all around.
- Sunscreen is $10 a bottle here. And that's the off brand. Ouch. I about swallowed my tongue!
- After committing to 16 bars of soap, I found body wash. Too bad we will be using bars of soap for the next year and half.
- Eggs have got to be cheaper somewhere around here. I paid almost $4.50 USD for two dozen. That can't be right.
- We have got to find the rain cover for Noah's backpack. We are getting closer to rainy season being for real now and it's just a matter of time before we need it every day. Where in the world could it be? I really hope it's in this country.
- We need to figure out where the post office is and how to mail something. I will be glad when we are further down the road and know more how these things work.
- Now to take advantage of the fact that it's Friday, it's raining and the boys are both napping!
Friday, May 20, 2011
It's been a week! And since I am out of energy to make anything coherent, I will leave you with bullet points: