Saturday, May 21, 2011

Just a Normal Saturday Morning

So, today was the trial run of my new Feria cart.  And it met all my hopes and dreams for what a feria cart would be.  Isn't it cute?


It certainly made buying two pineapples, 6 mangoes, 2 kilos of potatoes, 2 kilos of carrots, 2 large onions, 12 limons, a bunch of bananas and a kilo of tomatoes much easier!  So worth the $14 USD I paid for it!


These sweet ladies are always so patient with me.  In Language class, we often get assignments where we have to talk with Ticos about different things.  But of course today I forgot to ask directions to somewhere.  But they also have great tomatoes and cucumbers.


So much to choose from!  And so much of it is the same, it's hard to know where to buy from.  I really think it's all about the same price.  I am starting to get some regular stands I stop at.  Like I always (you know, for the last 3 weeks) get my pineapples from the stand at the top of the hill.  And I get my lettuce, beats, radishes, and herbs from this guy.



And then it's the half mile walk up hill home.  Which is a whole lot easier than it was last week pre feria cart.

Once home, it's time to start dealing with the produce.  A glug of this in a sink full of cold water, and let it soak for 10 minutes. 





Now, guess what these are...



Limes?  Lemons?  Limons.  Sorta a mix.

And check these beauties out!  I am going to try making mango pie later today. 



We'll see.  I think it might taste like a peace pie of sorts.  I'll let you know how it turns out for sure.  So in case you all get a hold of lots of mangoes in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. the cart is cute. and all the produce looks delicious. a mango pie sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!