Sunday, October 3, 2010

What I am Reading

I have tons to tell you all about, ArtPrize, our support level, what the last week has been like on the road, and I am not even sure what else at this point. 

But since I am completely spent from said week on the road, I don't really have the brain power to talk about all that tonight.  So instead, I am going to let you in on what I have been reading lately.

When we were at LAM in January, one of the things we came home with was a list of required reading before we deploy (by the way, the terminology used in missions circles is sorta funny.  Deploy?  It reminded me of funny words that we use for church buildings.  Narthex?  What in the world is a narthex and why would I call an lobby that?  Anyway...I digress)



One of the books we have to read is called The Missionary Call by M. David Sills.  Wow.  I wish this book had been around when I was in High School, or college.  It is one of the most clearly written, balance books on how to know God's will for you life, how to really figure out if you have been called to the foreign field, and just plain old choked full of good stuff! 

Read it if you have ever wondering if you are suppose to go abroad.  Read it if you haven't.  It's just plain old good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!