Friday, April 23, 2010

A Kamper Family Favorite

I mentioned in passing that Forrest requested Chicken Curry for his birthday meal.  Here's the recipe I use.  It really has become one of our family favorites.

Chicken Curry
olive oil
1 onion, minced
carrots, potatoes, cauliflower chopped into bit sized pieces
salt and pepper
curry powder
chicken breast, cubed
plain yogurt
sour cream

Saute onions, some curry powder, salt and pepper and veggies in a skillet with the olive oil. When the veggies are soft, add cubed chicken breast. Cook until chicken is done. Then add some plain yogurt, sour cream and more curry powder to taste.




Serve over rice. And really jasmine or basmati rice is the best. You can find it in the ethic section at the grocery store. We've started to buy the 3rd world bag of rice (20 lbs or so) because we go through it so much!



I get my curry powder at the Amish store here, so I am not sure where you would find it at the normal grocery.  Again try the ethic section of some of the bigger grocery stores.

(Update:  I now have lived in several other places that don't have an amish store, and it's still easy to find curry powder.  Just look in the spice section at the store.  Unless you live in the bush.  Then I can't help ya.)

Happy Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!