Saturday, August 1, 2009

This Wasn't Part of the Plan

What was suppose to be a fun day yesterday turned into one of those that you wind up in bed at night with a headache and puffy eyes from crying your way through it.

This weekend is the Northern Michigan Relief Sale. I have been looking forward to this since it ended last year. What excitement. The Used Book Sale, the donuts, the quilts and an assortment of other fun things. I plan was to take my One on One from last year to the book sale in the evening. And then after I was suppose to get together with one of the Women Who Keep Me Sane, sans kids.

And then the day started.

I found out that two of my friends miscarried. Two. In one day. Each has their own story of what that baby meant, and while all miscarriages are tragic, these two seem especially so.

Throughout the day, I did normal life, a One on One, changing diapers, playing with cars and roads, but my heart was broken and my eyes were full of tears. We did go to the Relief Sale, and enjoyed ourselves, but it was tempered.

When I got together with my friend in the evening, we both needed to be away. We headed to McDonald's, grabbed a snack and then sat by the river. We cried and talked about how awful Life can be. And about how God must weep with us, because death is not part of the original plan. And because He knows the pain of losing a child. How He uses pain to make us more like Him, and how it all hurts so very, very bad.

Oh, how I long for that place where there is no more pain, no more tears. Where, " the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Revelation 21:3-4)

Come Lord Jesus, Come.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you had a bad day. How awful for your friends. Our kids' "god parents" (guardians should we pass away) have had 2 miscarriages in the past 6 months. It is just so hard, and I don't know what to do/say. Then I feel guilty being around them when we have 2 kids of our own.
    I hope the rest of the weekend goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry about your rough day. just reading about someone who has had miscarriage takes me back instantly to the day we found out we lost ours... it's something that you carry with you for a long time....
    blessings upon you as you minister to those families, and we will be praying for those families as well.
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!