Thursday, August 20, 2009

Ahhhhhhhhhh


After a very peaceful trip, we are hear. In Hollymitchigan. And Wow. Amazing. There is a family connected with Camp who offered their lake house as a retreat for the full time staff. For free. Incredible. The husband stopped by today to make sure everything was in order. As he left, he opened the Bible on the table to "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." (Matthew11:28).




We need that rest. After a full summer, and other things pressing in on our minds, we are a bit weary and heavy laden. A few days of quiet, in a different place, just us, just being a family, will be a big help. Noah and I see vacations as a time to rest, regroup, and refocus for the next season of ministry. Something of a longer Sabbath, to prepare for the next work God has.

Tonight after a dinner of steaks on the grill, potatoes, green beans and cherries, we took the boys on their first boat ride. A little fishing boat, with an electric motor. Just our speed. Quiet. Elliot loved the gentle breeze in his face, and he sat still the entire time.






The boys are now in bed, Noah and I are out on the deck, enjoying the cool of the evening, just being. I almost finished my Newsweek, which I started today. Don't know the last time I have been able to read that much! Good thing I brought two books along.




Thank you God for your provision. Thank you for this time of rest. Use it to prepare us for what is next. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Elliot in the wind! How cute is he???
    That is an amazing vacation to me. You enjoy every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad for your vacation and rest with your family. pictures are cute.

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!