Thursday, May 28, 2009

Christmas


About two weeks ago I start this Irish Hiking scarf. Last night I was able to finish it. While I love it, it is getting tucked away in the gift closet for a Christmas present. I can honestly say, I don't think I have ever started Christmas this early.

It's been cool and rainy here for several days now, and doesn't look like it is going to break anytime soon. So, I am off to hunt for another pattern.

However, I am getting kind of nerdy about this all. I got to thinking, wouldn't it be cool to knit Christmas presents this year that are historical patterns from the recipient's ethic origin? So, I have been hunting things down on the internet, not having much luck, and have ordered a few books from the library. I guess that's what comes of being a former history teacher stuck in the north woods. I will just apologies now to my family for the geekiness of their Christmas presents.

Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!