Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Wonders of Black Spray Paint

I was introduced to it by my brother. At the time he was in the band, The Resistance, and he used black spray paint to change the color of things like his denim jacket, his jeans, anything was was a bit too, um, colorful.

I had an ugly powder blue desk chair that I really wanted to keep, but hated the color. So I spray painted it. Presto Chango, a black desk chair! Wonderful!

I have been using the wonder stuff a lot outside lately. I have picked up odds and ends for the deck and they have been, um, ugly, until they get a great coat of the black stuff. Now they look great. Here are some examples...

Ugly puke yellow watering can...


Now black watering can...

Not really sure how long it will last because the thing is plastic. But it was worth a shot.

Both of these are metal, so the spray paint stays much, much better. I did these several years ago. Both were junk people were going to throw away, and they were indeed ugly. But now they look like some nice wrought iron pieces...maybe something my brother, the guy who introduced me to spray paint, would make in his blacksmith shop now, ok, except for the whole dragonfly part.


Oh, and the best one this year...



I found this at a thrift store for...wait for it...50 CENTS! I bought a $3 coconut liner and I now have a $3.50 hanging basket! My other ones were $7 on clearance!

It was brown when I bought it. Not a terrible color, in fact, I kinda like brown. But everything else on the deck is black, so out came the spray paint again...and ta da! I just have to plant some stuff in it...I am debating moving some flowers around, or transplanting some of my herbs...I kind of over planted in the other containers...

1 comment:

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!