Monday, January 28, 2013

Christmas Crafting

So, I wanted to show you some of the fun things we made for Christmas this year.  We were scrambling at the last minute to get things done, but whatever, right?

First up, Quinn's mobil.  Can I just say I love it?  And he loves it too!



 He always wants to grab it and when we make the birds dance, he laughs and flaps his arms and kicks his legs.



And these birds...I am addicted to them.  I am pretty sure I could become a crazy bird lady if I am not careful.  I got the ohsoveryeasy pattern here.  And I just grabbed some sticks from the yard and used a bit of yarn I had laying around.



For the big boys we made swings.  And they have really enjoyed them.  We had some help with cutting and drilling the holes because we don't yet have those power tools.


  And don't judge me because my kids swing over cement, ok?  Most of the trees in our yard are banana trees, so they aren't sturdy enough to hang a swing from.



I made the stain from a concentrated tea and it's held up very nicely.  And the boys have really enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!