Saturday, June 25, 2011
1. It may just take 2 buses and a taxi ride to meet some new friends at the park.
2. Be forewarned, fountains in Costa Rica can apparentely have bleach added. Yeah, ruined my favorite black dress today.
3. June is not pineapple season according to my pineapple guy. Could have fooled me. And yes, I now have a pineapple guy.
4. Always bring sunscreen. Because even if it looks like it's going to rain all day, it won't. And while your children will be just fine, your will be very pink.
5. Always make sure to drink your 32 oz of liquid first thing in the morning, otherwise you will get dehydrated and cranky.
6. Sometimes you will find very familiar things in the most unfamiliar places. Like an antique firetruck that looks like it should be getting ready for tug in the middle of an amusment park in Costa Rica.
7. Language comes in spurts. Yesterday I was totally on. I had conversations in Spanish all day. Today I couldn't even get out what time I get to school in the morning correctly. Uggg...
8. Most of the time, you can't even imagine what the next year will look like. Here's what we were doing a year ago.