Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Night, Pizza Night

Oh my, where did the warm May weather go?  It's suppose to snow tomorrow!  And it's a Co Laborer Weekend, raking in 2 to 5 inches of snow doesn't sound like too much fun!


But it's Friday night, which means pizza around here.  Always has...don't really know why, except that when I was growing up it was always pizza night.  Noah will have to be in working after 7, but that gives us plenty of time to eat dinner, play with kids, and even put them down before he has to be in. 


So this evening I am going to hunker down with a big steaming cup of something, and fold the 86 loads of laundry that I have been putting off all week.  Sigh...what a Friday night.



And just incase you are wondering, here's the recipe I use for pizza dough. It comes out very well, kind of dummy proof, which is what I need!



Ingredients
1 Tablespoon dry active yeast
1 cup warm water
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons oil (I use canola)
1 1/2 cup white all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (you can use 2 1/2 cups white if you want)
2 Tablespoons flax seed meal (optional, but that stuff is so good for you!)

Directions
-Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, set aside
-Mix all other ingredients together, add water and yeast
-Stir until combined
-Knead for 5-7 minutes or until smooth

-Roll out, place on sprayed cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350
-Add toppings, bake again.

Sometimes I will brush the top with olive oil and sprinkle Italian herbs. 
  Have a great Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!