Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Anniversary

We got married on May 31st, mainly because we graduated 3 weeks before that and didn't want to wait any longer to start life. I also thought it was a good plan, being teachers. We would always have some time relatively close to our anniversary off.

And then we moved to camp.

Our anniversary falls right in the middle of Workshop. And this year that was Family Night, where we host about 8 of the summer staff in our home for the evening. Kind of a fun way to spend our anniversary (we went out earlier this month by ourselves.)

I decided to make our wedding cake, German Chocolate, for the gang, and just for fun, pull out the wine glasses for the milk. Ha.





And why in the world don't I use my spring form pans more often? They are wonderful! I think I have used them a total of about 3 times in the last 6 years. However, that will change.

Oh, and a bit of trivia about Noah and Liz. Noah has a thing for the traditional anniversary. You know, like the first year is paper, the second year is cotton, so on and so on and so on. Well, this year was iron. So I decided to go with a loose interpretation of that, and got Noah a pocket knife, (come on, it's metal!)

He bought me an antique, red fountain pen! How very, very cool! He said it was me. The antique stuff, the red, and the pen, (I have a thing for office supplies) and the writing aspect of it. What a thoughtful guy! Have I mentioned lately that he is amazing?

1 comment:

  1. so fun!! well, not exactly that your anniversary falls during workshop, but fun about the fountain pen! :) 2 points noah!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!