Sunday, February 8, 2009

Steps

Somewhere along the way, I picked up this image of the Lord leading us, one step at time, through life. Sort of like walking on rocks across a river in the dark. He is guiding my foot, telling me where to put it down. I bet it was from all the imagery in the Psalms and a key passage in Isaiah 42

"I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, in paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them and rugged places into plains."

I am so thankful that God does this! And because He has always has, I know that He always will...show us where that next stepping stone is.

Noah and I, since before we were married, have had a desire to serve as missionaries in Latin America. So much of what we have done with our lives has been to get to that point.

  • Moving to Holland, Mi (30% of the population is Latino)
  • Getting involved with that segment of the population
  • Noah teaching Spanish at Calvary
  • Spending a summer at language school in Costa Rica
  • Spending a summer at Barakel to gain more experience in camping ministry
  • Moving our small family to the middle of the woods for a time
  • Noah starting seminary this fall

At the beginning we had no idea how this was all going to flesh out, but with each new step, God has show a little more of where the path is going.

Don't jump to any conclusions...we aren't leaving anytime soon.

But we were reflecting on God's direction this morning and have been praying that God would show us the next step.

It's so exciting to be on this adventure called life! I can't wait to see where we end up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!