Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ikea


My friend Lydia is the handcrafts lady here at camp. She is the one that plans out what will be available for the kids to do during the summer, decorates the handcrafts buildings and basically deals with all things handcrafts.

One of the more fun parts of her job is going shopping for all those goodies. Every year she makes a trip to Ikea fo stock up on supplies for the summer. She needs help with this (especially this year, she is 34 weeks pregnant), because she will fill 5 or 6 shopping carts FULL of stuff. It's a rough job, but I volunteer to go help with this part of her job...he heh hehe!



This time we went on Monday, which meant we had the store mostly to ourselves. We got there around 11:30 and didn't leave until about 5:30. We walked out of there with 5 full shopping carts containing about 8 different craft projects for the summer!



Oh, and I did get a few things for our house...check out the Kitchen Make Over!



4 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like so much fun! I have to admit, though, that I have _never_ been into an Ikea store. In fact, the prospect of doing so actually frightens me a little.

    Hey! We'll see you this weekend at the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz, is there still snow on the ground at the camp? I'm just wondering because here in Chicago all the snow melted with the 50 degree weather this weekend and I'm just trying to figure out what to pack!

    Also, do I have to make special arrangements for vegetarian food?

    Thanks for your help! We're so excited for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1..that bright green pillow in your pic?? we have that in levi's room..

    2..what do you do about nursing tanks\bras etc?? i'd like to get some tanks, but cant find any that will.. ahem.. fit the bahama mamas?

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!