Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What a mess!



Somewhere in the chaos of the flu coming to our house, we managed to wash and dry two FULL loads of laundry with ball point pens!

Now these loads of laundry weren't just rags and underwear...oh no...that would have been too easy. Nope, these loads had important things in there, like my very favorite linen maternity pants, the blanket my mom made for us that is blue on one side and pink on the other for our babies, borrowed maternity clothes, as well as half of Forrest's pajamas and the brand new (seriously, never been used) liners for our cloth diapers.

It has taken me until today to even have the guts and brain power to deal with all of this. I did a Google search, talked with a few veterans and decided to start with boiling water. That didn't work out too well. I then tried Oxiclean, very concentrated...and it showed some promise. I let a few things soak in the sink and low and behold! The ink was coming out! I let is soak a bit longer and then ran it through the washer and almost all the ink is gone! Praise the Lord!



So, that was my afternoon, changing out the clothes and water from the sinks, and doing more laundry...but it is worth it! Almost all the ink is gone and I have a small reserve of something called Carbona which my mom says will get anything out, for those last stubborn spots.

All of this only took me 3 weeks to figure out.

2 comments:

  1. oh goodness! how AWFUL! that is no fun, especially new stuff, and borrowed things.. ugh ugh ugh... glad you were able to come up with something that worked!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ughhh...I had that happen this summer. Oxiclean and white vinegar, plus sun "bleaching" removed most of it. What is Carbona? I've never heard of it, but I still have a couple of stubborn remnants of our mess--so I'd certainly be interested if you know where you can find it...Glad it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!