Sunday, October 26, 2008

A Bad Habit Forming

So, this is becoming routine. Me being up when everyone in my house is sleeping. I am not a big fan. It's not that I want to be awake. Oh no. I desperately want to sleep, since I know that my days of semi uninterrupted night time sleeping are numbered. But I can't seem to drift into Never-never land.

Tonight it's been more infuriating than usual. See, I did fall asleep, about 10 o'clock, in fact. And then something woke me up. And here I sit at 11:46, the house still, only the ticking clock to keep me company. Even the downstairs neighbor is asleep. She usually stays up about 2 hours after us.

And the other annoying part of this all...I never can seem to bring myself to do something productive when I can't sleep. Sure, I have 3 baskets of clean laundry that need to be folded, but why would I do that?

I did stumble across a great idea the other night. One of my best friends recently moved to Arizona and since they are 3 hours behind us Michigan folks, I could actually call her and not be waking her up. But last night when I called here at 11 pm our time, she thought I was having the baby, because I am also tired of starting every conversation off with "No, I am not on my way to the hospital." So, I don't think I will bother her again tonight with my insomnia.

Ok...I think I am going to try this whole sleeping thing again. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. ugh.... i totally understand how you feel... mine isn't so much with falling asleep, but i wake up because i have to pee, then i can't fall back asleep. i've been resorting to unisom lately to help in the sleep department... hang in there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was so there... hope your big day is sooner than later... especially since you can't nap during the day due to a toddler (i was there, too!)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that stinks! i hope you can get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!