Friday, April 18, 2008

A whole lot of nothing

I have been putting off posting until something really exciting happened, because I don't want to bore anyone with the mundaneness of life...

But nothing exciting has happened in a while, and doesn't look like it will anytime soon. I also figured that if you are reading this, you might actually care about the mundaneness...so, here goes.

- I got the whole front yard raked. It only took me about 4 days (It isn't that big of a yard and it shouldn't have taken that long). I could only do a little at a time before I felt like I was going to loose my lunch.

- Forrest and I have been figuring out our new schedule. I am now cleaning for camp and that means Forrest is going to play with the other kids for a few hours in the morning a couple of times a week. This will only last one more week, but it has been an adjustment. He still really wants to take a morning nap and won't take one at babysitting.

- I have started to work on the 18 different flags and banners that Noah will use this summer. Since it is an Olympic year, that is the theme for the summer. He is planning an opening ceremony complete with torch and banners and all kinds of other fun things. I am making 16 banners for the dinning hall and then 2 huge flags for the ball field at night. I will take some photos when there is more done.

- The house is a wreck. Between me not feeling well and the weather being so nice, I have accomplished nothing in the house. Oh well.

- Forrest is finally learning to scoot around. This is going to change our lives. Already he has gotten into a change jar (he thought it was the funniest thing ever!) and had his first taste of dirt and bark.

Well, hope all of that was interesting to someone, somewhere. I will try to have something exciting happen soon so the next post is actually worth posting!

3 comments:

  1. These kinds of posts are the best! Glad to hear thing are going well. How fun that Forrest is starting to scoot around! It definitely does change things. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your banners and flags...sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like boring! it's nice to hear about every day stuff. filled olympic game ideas for the summer yet?? :) are you only cleaning for a couple weeks until summer staffers arrive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds a lot like most of my days, I think the mundane days are the status quo of motherhood!
    I bet Forrest's scootch is cute--it sounds a lot like the way the 14 month old I watch gets around!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!