Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It worked!

So, putting the sheets on the porch to air out worked! It has caused Spring to come!

Yeah, ok, it's simply the passage of time. I know.

But it sounds so much more fun and magical the other way!

Alright, I will embrace the physical reality the of the situation. I know it has to do with the rotation and tilt of the Earth and that is why we have seasons. I did teach 8th grade geography. But like I said, boring. Now, ask my science teacher husband and he was speak of all that as if it was magical. And I guess, when you really think about it, it is. But the fact that it has nothing to do with my sheets is disappointing.

Ok, back from that rabbit trail...

Here are just a few of the signs that Spring is on its way:

1) The animals are getting restless (and I don't mean the members of my household). This week alone we saw an opossum, a fox, a sunk, rabbit tracks, and more deer than I can count!

2) We finished our last Winter Retreat for 2008.

3) There is now a count down until the summer staff arrive, 75 days

4) I am ready to break out the muck boots for walking around camp...yep, the "passage of mud" is almost upon us!

Good thing...the cabin fever hit hard and heavy this winter. I have been telling Forrest for weeks about all the fun we will have in the summer, swimming in the lake, watching Dad run Ambushes (evening games). I tried to explain to him how there will be more kids here than he has seen in his whole life and how they all will get to hear about how wonderful Jesus is. He is excited. I can tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!