Today I was able to run some errands by myself. I started the trip out with a free mocha sample from McDonald's. It was alright, but hey, it was free. Too bad today was the last day for it.
I was able to hit Family Dollar, the library, the Amish store, and the Greenhouse all within an hour or so...must be some kind of record.
I don't know what I would do without the Amish store. Where else within 2 hours of here can I get stuff to can pickles and essential oils? So great!
A family brought the zucchini, squash, cucumbers, and green beans that were coming out their ears to camp this last week. Today I grated all the zucchini to freeze, made baby food with the squash, and canned pickles. Never turned down free food. Never.
All my pickles sealed. It remains to be seen if they are any good.
We relieved a spontaneous dinner invitation from some new friends in town. Boy was it nice to get out of camp to the "real world"!
Two more weeks of camp! Then vacation time...more about that later.
Hey, we just came through your area! Did you see me wave???
ReplyDelete