Friday, October 24, 2014

This and That

I am afraid I am going to be resorting more and more to bullet points as we near our departure date.  I am amazed at how much normal life and wrapping up details need to happen in the next 8 weeks!  Yikes!

But I do want to keep you all up to date and in the know, so here goes:

  • My mom was able to come again!  This time it was for two weeks and it was great!  We got a lot accomplished around the house, like finally decorating the boys rooms (yes, that only took two years.) and learning about painting here.
  •  Yeah, paining here.  Not fun.  Not fun at all.  I have no idea why, but it was kinda the same but completely different than any painting I had done before!  The paint seemed sticky, the walls were porous, the roller was different, and well, it was simply a pain!  So glad I decided to only paint a wall or two in each room!

  • We also got to redo the little break room at church!  This room gets used for a lot of different things during the week!  Growth Groups meet there, teachers use it to eat their lunch, Moms' group sometimes meets there when it is rainy, and well, it needed some love and attention.  With the help of several college age girls and my mom, we made it quite the cute little place.  A bit of home at church!

  •  Our new system for water cups.  I am amazed at how well this has really worked!  Even Quinn understands the idea.  If you are just wanting a drink of water, use a red cup.  When you are done, hang it back up! No more water cups all over the counter or in the sink!  
  •  All the boys' stockings are finally finished and are now sitting in a suitcase ready for the trip to Michigan for this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!