Saturday, June 22, 2013

Oh the Wonders of Transportation



One of the things we've been struggling with is how to get the boys and I to camp more. God called us as a family here and while there is only so much I can do around camp right now, it's good for us to interact with the other staff and volunteers.   At Barakel, we lived right on the property, so it wasn't a big deal to get into camp on a regular basis.  But here,  with one car, this can become a logistical mess, what with naps and all.  I miss the days of being able to throw the kids in the stroller and walk to wherever Noah was.



But over the last couple of weeks, we've been borrowing a friend's car.  And can I just tell ya, WOW!!  What a difference it is making!!  So much so that we've started to pray about getting a second means of transportation for Noah (this friend will eventually need her car back.)



Today was a great example.  Staff training is this weekend.  Last night Noah went in around 4, and stayed the night.  This morning the boys and I got up, got dressed and then headed to camp for a couple of hours.


 We didn't have to stay the whole day.  We were able to see some of the volunteers, say hi, spend a bit of time with Noah and then come home.  Wonderful!  It was good for us to be there, and I think it was good for the volunteers to see the family there.



So, would you pray with us about a second car?  We're thinking we would need somewhere in the ballpark of $4,500 for a beater car.  Yeah, I know, right?  But God can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!