Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving

So, I know, I am almost a week behind on this holiday, but well...yeah, I just am.

We had classes on Thanksgiving, which was a bit strange, the first time in my life I have gone to school on that Thursday.  I did miss the parades and eating pumpkin pie for breakfast, but we lived.

After school we headed to McDonald's.  I know, weird, right?  Well, we were getting together with some other LAM families and some Ticos around 1 and school was done early, we didn't want to walk home to turn around and walk back to where we were going, and it was raining, and the McDonald's we were going to was an easy bus trip so we went.

And since we weren't eating until about 2, be grabbed a light early lunch, and let the boys play at the playland until their hearts were content.



Then we headed for AMCA house, Which stands for AsociaciĆ³n de Ministerios Cristianos.  Basically it's a building where all sorts of really cool things go on through all sorts of different ministries.  And they have a big kitchen and a big space for eating.


And eating we did.  There was a real turkey (at $4.90USD a pound here, that is impressive!) and pumpkin pie, pecan pie, a relish tray, salad, green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, even cranberry relish!  Amazing!  I will say though, it was the first time I had fresh lemonade as a drink at Thanksgiving. 

We played games, had some good conversation and were completely stuffed! 



At one point, while shoveling pie as fast as he could in his mouth, Forrest looked at me and said, "wait, we are eating supper and we didn't even take a nap!  Yes!"  



And they were so confused.  When we got home, they took a rest and slept until 5 and then were all confused as to why we were waking them up to eat again! 

Overall, it was a great first Thanksgiving out of the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!