Saturday, August 14, 2010

August Newsletter

Why do camping ministry?.......

Two weeks ago on Sunday night at  8:50pm a young girl stood up amongst 160 of her peers and said something that  reminded me again why I am here at Barakel and why God has called me to be involved in camping ministry in Honduras.

This is what she said,  "I have grown up going to church all my life and I just kinda of ignored it and God.  But this week at camp I think I have grown more closer to God then in the past 12 years I have been alive."

wall.JPG

Wow,  what a reminder!   In that moment I became very aware and thankful for the speaker that week who taught God's word and challenged these kids to share the gospel with their friends.  I was thankful for the counselor who had spent countless hours with their campers, teaching them truth from 1 John each morning at 7:45am.
 

Thank you God that I can be a small part of how you change kid's lives for eternity through camping ministry.

pray.JPG

And thank you that you are helping many more 12 years olds not only come to Christ, but to grow in God in ways they wouldn't have if they didn't come to Barakel.

Grateful for the Body of Christ of which I am a part,
Noah Kamper

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!