Sunday, June 27, 2010

Ideas

My sister and her husband were here with us this weekend.  What a great time, talking about God's Love, design, the creative process, laughing, eating power balls and much more.

She mentioned a blog to me, Laissezfaire and I have been having so much fun with it this afternoon!  It's making me want to run out and gather any empty wooden crate, old battered doors and dilapidated shacks I can find.  And I starting thinking about how I could "file" away these ideas for our new houses.

People have been asking me what our new living spaces will be.  While we are in language school, we will be renting a house close to campus.  When we move to Honduras, well, we aren't really sure yet.  We may rent for a while, we may build on camp, there are a lot of those details to work out.  There is some conversations that need to be had about all that with people in Honduras, Miami, and Michigan.



But that doesn't stop me from thinking and planning, and figuring.  Thinking about how we can be culturally relevant, be creative with the resources that we have (be it money, or "junk" that we can find), and create a space that is uniquely Us, that is a refuge from the outside world so we can be truly Us.  That's a big deal!  Our house needs to be a haven for our family, a place that puts us and others at ease and we are free to be who God made us to be.  As my brother in law so wisely put it today, "don't worry about not being something, just be who you are and that is perfect!"  Thanks for that reminder Dan!


I am excited to create a new space for our family.  And you know how some people rip pages out of magazines and create wish notebooks? Well, since most of what I see is online, the blog will serve the same purpose.  And the fun part is you will get to see all of it too!


So here are some of the things that I found today that may or may not end up a part of our house, but they are a start, an inspiration for what's to come.  And don't worry, there will be plenty more "ripped out pages" to come!


* first 4 photos from Laissezfaire.  Last one from the IKEA catalog.

3 comments:

  1. You should check out Evernote. It's a free program you can download and "rip pages" from the internet - I use it for recipes and blog ideas and school ideas and EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the crate shelves/ cubbies!!!
    I desperately need some storage space around here. And one more bathroom sink wouldn't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great. I've been telling Dan I really need a virtual sketch book for inspiration. And of course love what caught your eye most from Laissezfaire. Had fun this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!