Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My New Look



This is how my family has seen me since last Wednesday.  I think I am in love with my new camera.  One particular lens is amazing!  While doing research on it, a friend of mine mentioned this one (a 50mm f/1.8) to me because I take so many photos in low light (living in the woods) with no flash (it's not that I am so much against flash as I hate the effect I always get with it, so unnatural and washed out but with bad shadows and it's just gross). 

So anyway, I have been so impressed with how much better the photos from our house have turned out!  So exciting!  These were from this morning while the boys were eating breakfast.  It's dark and gloomy outside and with our dark pine paneling, I would have never been able to get images like this before!  It makes it look like I know what I am doing! 




I know it's more about the person taking the photos than the camera, and I was able to get some really good images with our other one for a long time, but boy, I can't believe the difference!  Noah has been having fun too.  The other night he was taking photos and said something like, "man, I can see how this could get addicting!  It's so fun!"  Yep, told ya.

3 comments:

  1. Liz, I can see improvement all ready!!!! :) My new lens is in the mail right now!!! I can't wait to join in on the 1.8f fun!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray for fun new camera-ing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah April! That means you are down another 7lbs?! Nice work! Maybe I should have done that too!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!