Sunday, August 30, 2009

What's the Date?

I am a bit confused. It's 62... at 3 o'clock in the afternoon...in August. Where do I live again?

While we were waiting near the dinning hall for lunch today, I noticed that Lee, Noah's boss, was covering all the flowers. Yep, that's right...it could very easily frost here tonight. Yep, just double check the date again, August 30th. Hummmm

Guess these beauties are going to come stay in the house tonight. Frost...does that mean I need to turn the heat on in the house? That seems very wrong. Maybe I should just bake something instead. Yeah, that's a good plan, heat the house and provide more insulation on our bodies. errr...



And yes, these would be the winter hats and coats and blankets I had to dig out of who knows where today for our trip to Mackinac Island tomorrow. Because, as any mother knows, heat stroke is better than frost bite.




Well, I guess that is one of the challenges of living at the 45 parallel, never knowing exactly when you will need your boots, ice grippers, hats, coats, gloves, down parka, and snow pants to go get the mail.

2 comments:

  1. "Heat stroke is better than frost bite..."
    I am SO going to use that line!

    I hope you have a great time on the island- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to turn the heat on last night. And I was worried about my plants this morning... but I LOVE FALL!!!! :)

    (Hopefully it's a "bit" warmer this weekend while we're sleeping in our tent!)

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!