Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fruit on the Bottom

So I had a brilliant idea the other night. You know, one of those great ideas that come when you should be sleeping. And honestly, it was an idea that could have come at 8 am and it wouldn't have made any difference at all, but whatever.

So, I wrote a while ago about making yogurt. We have been trucking along with it, eating tons, making smoothies, the whole nine yards.

But I have noticed that Noah doesn't eat as much when it's plain and when it isn't in those nice individualized cups that he can grab on the way to work in the morning. So, I woke up thinking, "Geeze, I can make our own fruit on the bottom cups." I actually remembered it yesterday when I had an opportunity to get the containers. This morning I put a little tiny scoop of jam in the bottom of the container, and then added the yogurt. Genius!

I know exactly where this plan is going to fall apart. Getting the containers to come home again. But that is why I bought those "disposable" ones that you can reuse until you lose. And it will always give me an excuse to take the boys to his office, to collect the used containers.

Oh, and just so you know...I have my CAMERA back! Hurray! And praise the Lord the repairs were covered under warrenty, because the bill was for $316!

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! :)

    I need to try the whole making my own yogurt thing... I've been buying plain vanilla at the store and adding fruit puree to it for the kids - they love it! (I just puree whatever fruit we have that is going bad and store it in a container in the fridge or freezer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why have I not thought of that? Sometimes I am just not with it I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a great idea! yum!

    and hooray for your camera being back and covered under warranty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to give that a shot once I start making my own again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so clever. I wish I could come up with my own ideas instead of stealing everyone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. That's a great idea. I'll have to try.
    I'm a friend of Kate, Rachel and Melissa's. I read your comments so often and agree that I thought I'd check out your blog. Your boys are beautiful and your ministry too.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah, so far so good...except the containers I got were a bit too small.

    Welcome Krissy and Amanda! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

You are clever, tell me whatcha think!